Monday, November 3, 2008

Score!


I just got back from the Unique thrift with a big bag of wool sweaters. I want to try felting as my first project so the challenge of the day was to find sweaters that were 100% wool and not some blend of acrylic fibers. Just like when I look for yarn I am attracted to color and texture first so my brain was on overload as I entered the sweater aisle. I started with the men's section because the sweaters are generally bigger so I would have more fabric to work with. Not much there so I headed to the ladies section.
I was starting to get frustrated because all of the really fun sweaters were a yucky blend of acrylic or rayon.
Perseverance paid off and there are sweaters in the washer being felted right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like some great colors there! Can't wait to see what you do with them...